Saturday, April 30, 2011

the whirlwind continues, but first a royal wedding fan fest

I woke up yesterday and dashed to the TV. I was just in time at 5:00 in the morning to see the queen's limo arrive at Westminster Abbey. I watched for the next hour and was able to see the wedding. So pretty. What a gown. The Abbey looked amazing. Crazy hats in the audience. Wild dresses. Pomp. Circumstance.

First, I adored the dress. Perfection. As soon as they showed a good glimpse of it, I thought of Grace Kelly. Sure enough...the side by side view they posted later in the broadcast revealed a close resemblance to the American Princess' gown from years ago. Let's hope Kate's dress inspires a return to decorum, style and elegance in bridal attire.  I thought the two Princes looked quite dashing in their military uniforms. The bridal party was adorable, and I liked Pippa's dress too.

Of course, I had raging thoughts of my visit to that Abbey in the 1980's and how much I loved being in London. Ah, to be able to go back there...it is on my bucket list.

Speaking of lists, and buckets and such things.....my return to the financial world will be coming to an end as I have secured another position. I am excited beyond words and eager to start. The craziness of the last three weeks will continue for a while, but I anticipate this new work will not only provide income, but some flexibility in  my schedule and 'tasks' I enjoy doing.

No comments: