Wednesday, April 20, 2011

i'm a royal wedding geek

Okay, so I've watched every royal wedding televised. I'll admit it.  I love them. I love the pomp, the gossip, the goofy interviews, the shots of London, and on and on.  I got up early to watch Charles and Diana tie the knot. Same thing for Fergie and Andrew. I even think I might have seen a bit of Princess Anne's wedding. I've seen the newsreel clips of Queen Elizabeth II's wedding.

So, of course I will be watching when William and Kate say their "I do's".  It is must see TV for this gal.

I want to get back to England in the worst way. My childhood pen pal and I found each other on facebook and to be able to see her again along with her family would be an amazing treat. We wrote each other regularly for years as we grew up and when I was able to meet her in person in 1988, it was incredible.  I know I've harped a bit on how the Internet and the web and all the tech stuff  negatively impacts our communication. BUT, without the Internet and facebook, Donna and I wouldn't have reconnected. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to have that relationship again and to see her daughters grown and to see pics of her grandchildren and nieces and nephews.

So, while I watch the royal wedding, I will also be thinking of my trip to merry old England and the family who welcomed this "Yank" with open arms, plenty of tea and lots of conversation.

No comments: