Thursday, April 14, 2011

knowing your audience or word choice matters

They say that attitude is everything. And it is and it can be in many situations. What supports attitude is word choice and knowing your audience. When you are first meeting someone, how and what you say to them is crucial, especially in a work environment with a new 'teammate.'

After my interactions yesterday, I did a lot of thinking about my working style and management skills when I was in my twenties. Gave me a lot of food for thought. Most of the women I worked with had a good twenty years on me. They were where I am now. A lot has changed in the business model in the 17 years I've been out, but some things remain constant.

How you talk to people is one of them. Knowing who you are talking to matters. The words you use matter.

Food for thought.

No comments: