Tuesday, April 19, 2011

CBT, OMG, WTF

In the lovely world of acronyms, shortcuts and abbreviations, I've discovered a new 'four-letter-word' and it is only three consonants long.

CBT

Computer based training is my new nemesis.  Is it hard? NO. Is it boring? YES. Did my brain feel like it was ready to atrophy and my eyes start to cross and threaten to fall out of their sockets? YES.  Staring at a computer and reading, clicking and scrolling for 6 hours yesterday tried every ounce of patience in my body. I finished what was required for Day One by 2:00, which included an hour lunch and 30 minutes of breaks, and hoped to be told to go home. Noooooooo. I got to move on to another section that is actually assigned after the two week training is completed. We did get to leave at 3:00 instead of 4:00, so I was home and able to get dinner prepared while the kids finished their homework.

That was a nice treat and one I hope continues. The drive there and back, a half hour each way, isn't too bad. It allows plenty of gear up and gear down time.

Had a lovely Chinese Chicken Salad last night for dinner with a Peanut Dressing. Yummo.  I really like the recipes from Jennifer Chandler. The cheeseburger pie I made from her latest cookbook was excellent and this salad concoction came from her first book.  Good Stuff and Easy to make.

2 comments:

haydenblair said...

mmmmm peanut dressing sounds yummy!

EYR said...

Hayden, check out that gal's cookbook...the two recipes I've tried are both fantastic. She has one called Simply Salads and the other is Simply Suppers. Good Stuff...even for the queen of cupcakes :) lol