Wednesday, April 27, 2011

sleeping through the sirens

After sirens going off several nights in a row, I was so exhausted last night. I went to bed at 8 and slept straight through until 5. I needed rest and I think if the tornado would have come, I'd have been carried away still snoozing.  Luckily, the tornadoes didn't touch down in my town and while standing water is everywhere and the BIG river is even BIGGER and will continue to grow for weeks, we passed through this latest severe weather threat unscathed.

I have yet to turn on the TV to see the damage to the areas around us. I'm 'weathered-out' for the moment. I hope my morning commute doesn't involve slow speeds, windshield wipers and a novena.  I hate driving in the rain, but thankfully my hubby insists on buying top end tires for my vehicle. They do make a difference.

Today is my opportunity day.......debating on what to wear, heels or flats, and all that jazz. I'm very excited about this meeting and hope I have some incredible news to report soon.

Happy Wednesday from a soggy, but still standing, Liz & Co.

No comments: