Friday, April 8, 2011

book sale bonanza

Our big spring book sale at the library is now underway. The preview sale was last night and I've seen the numbers we brought in from new memberships and purchases. We aren't where we usually are, but as I've discussed with the other die hard volunteers, a new normal will slowly begin to emerge. With the store generating an amazing amount of income on a monthly basis, the biannual sales are bound to reflect that impact. We have less to sell and although we organize beyond belief, it is still harder to shop the sale than it is to shop the store.

But, I'm off to spend a wonderful morning with folks I love to work with doing what I love to do...talking about books. Bittersweet for me....so very bittersweet.

I broke the news to my two best buddies yesterday and the tears flowed. I do hope that I can continue on in my role with the Friends in a scaled back capacity. That work feeds my soul. Too bad it didn't feed our budget!!

Happy Friday.....I hope to continue on blogging, it is a wonderful outlet for my thoughts and feelings. But, if the entries are a bit haphazard for a while, bear with me. I will find my footing again.

No comments: