Monday, April 11, 2011

hi ho, hi ho......

"Some stories don’t have a clear beginning, middle and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what’s going to happen next. Delicious ambiguity." 
Gilda Radner 




I found this quote from a very famous funny lady and it struck a chord with me this morning. Delicious ambiguity perfectly describes my life at the moment. I know so little about what is going to unfold over the next several weeks and months. I have so little control over so much of it. I do know it involves a lot of change, not just for me but for four other people I dearly love. I know we will make the best of it, and while we may not always succeed at that, we will try again and again. 


One foot in front of the other, we move forward, together, into this next chapter in our family's 'history.'  The day mom went back to work.


A very wise and treasured friend sent me an email and reminded me that this will be all about what to 'oversee' and what to 'overlook'. Wisdom is knowing which choice to make and realizing that everything important will get done, and what doesn't, well, that wasn't important anyway.



No comments: