Thursday, April 7, 2011

and so it begins.....deja vu

I accepted a position at a local bank yesterday. Yep. Guess that means I've come full circle. I start on Monday, but until then I have to pass a drug test and drop off proof that I have the education I listed on my application. The kids all know and we will be having a big family pow-wow over the weekend about what comes next.

In the meantime, I have the book sale setup to finish. I have to break this news to the ladies I volunteer with at the library and I need a haircut.

Monday will see me driving all the way into downtown, something I am dreading, for the day long new employee orientation. Tuesday I will be at the branch to observe for the rest of the week. After that I get to attend two weeks of virtual training. Just me and a computer, all day long.

Then, I guess, they will turn me loose on the public.

The one major perk......this branch is right next door to a LIBRARY!!!!!  I can spend my lunch hour basking in the sights and smells of my passion.

And so it begins. Deja Vu. What goes around comes back around. And all that jazz.

6 comments:

Karen said...

Onward sister! They are lucky to have you, congrats and best wishes - K

EYR said...

Oh yes, onward indeed. More to the story...I will email you.

haydenblair said...

I wish you well on your next endeavor! Wish I could mail you some "Happy New Job" cupcakes!!! Enjoy and soak it all in. I hope this doesn't affect your blogging. Congratulations! I hope you pass your drug screen! just joking.... !!!! :)

Kim Smith said...

wow!! i hope you are excited too :) i am emailing you...

EYR said...

Hayden, I would gobble down those cupcakes. The drug test place was interesting to say the least...ick.

EYR said...

Kim, so glad to get your email...Marta's news is fantabulous!! You next, my friend!!