Tuesday, March 17, 2009

teeth and trilogies

While my teeth were being cleaned yesterday I was able to listen to one of the hygienists lecturing two teen aged boys on good dental practices. She was very specific on how to floss, how to brush, how to take care of those teeth or else they'd both be in dentures and then how cool would they be. The nice lady cleaning my teeth and I both chuckled. Then she added, "Kids are in just too much of a hurry when it comes to brushing."

Heck, I think we are all in too much of a hurry when it comes to a lot of things.

We are back to the dentist today for the youngest to get his teeth cleaned. We are also back to the orthodontist to get a small adjustment made to the middle kid's bottom wire, it is poking her cheek in the back. Beyond that, I'm at the bookstore for half a shift today. My fellow stockers are going to cover the second half of my shift as my kids are all on spring break this week.

I wasn't able to get the rest of the Robin Hood trilogy, but was able to put books 2 and 3 on hold. One of the really nice things about discovering a new book series once all the books are published is you don't have to wait a year for the next title to come out.

What did I say about being in a hurry?!

Make sure you wear some green today....Happy St. Patrick's Day!

1 comment:

Kim Smith said...

Top o' the morning to ya! and a lovely green St. Paddy's day !(eh, I know I am late :(