Wednesday, March 4, 2009

mid week melting

I think the temps in town will finally reach the point where the last remaining bits of snow will melt away. Now, just how soggy the grass remains is our next issue. Soccer has been called off since Saturday due to weather and ground conditions. When I stepped on the grass it was like stepping onto a large kitchen sponge. I can also attest to the muddiness as every time the dog goes out to do his business, I must wipe off four very muddy paws before he is allowed to roam the house. Wrestling with an 80 pound mutt isn't the best part of Spring.

Beyond whether or not we have soccer tonight or tomorrow, I must refill the pantry today and complete that chore in short order as I have a meeting at 12:30. Shopping isn't the hard or odious part of 'procurement' day...it is hauling all of it inside and putting all of it away. Ugh.

Up next on the reading pile is a book by Jeanne Kalogridis, "I, Mona Lisa." Kalogridis blurbed the "Eve" book I read this weekend, so I when I stumbled across her book in our bookstore, I had to bring it home and give it a whirl. So far so good, except I think I might have read this book before....the beginning is weirdly familiar, but I haven't hit a scene yet where I know for sure that I've read this already!

1 comment:

Kim Smith said...

Hey girl, just popping over to wave at you. I am finally beginning to see the end of the dusty trail at my job. I am so shattered at the end of the day right now I can only limp to the couch and fall asleep. Hope all is well with you.