Tuesday, March 24, 2009

spring cleaning

Now that our flowers beds are looking much better, just need to get fresh mulch delivered and spread, it is time to tackle the house. I'm going to start that chore today and have several projects in mind for the next few weeks.

Some of this spring cleaning means tackling my old writing desk. When the hubby convinced me to get a laptop, I stopped using the desk in our bonus room. The desk drawers need to be purged and reorganized, but why stop there? I bought shelf and drawer liner yesterday and plan on cleaning and purging all the drawers in the house. The trick will be to not get bogged down and to keep a steady pace as I go through and pitch things and reclaim others things.

I have to be in the right frame of mind to accomplish these chores, but I feel like I'm up to the task. First thing, though, is to just clean my house. Usually on breaks or vacations I enlist the kids to help me do the weekly cleaning. We all slacked off last week and didn't do a thing...well, I did wipe down the bathrooms, but beyond that, not a thing.

Time to pay the piper this week. I have my 'weapons' ready and plenty of time today to begin. My reward will be to finish in time to spend a few moments with the third King Raven book, "Tuck." I finished "Scarlet" last night....I'm enjoying this Stephen Lawhead series and as far as rewards go, being able to immerse myself in the Welsh Marches is quite a treat.

3 comments:

Anne's BLOG said...

Your energy amazes me...so, when you finish your house, you may come start on mine. Yeah !

EYR said...

Well, I got the house good and cleaned today, so tomorrow I can start working on the cabinets; bathrooms first then on from there....

I'm just in that 'mood' to get it done before the weather is so nice that I can't resist the lure of the lawn chair, a good book and a tall glass of iced tea.

Kim Smith said...

Did the spring cleaning attempt this weekend. My sister is coming next weekend and I am still no where near where I would like to be. Sigh.