Thursday, November 6, 2008

up next

Stayed up way too late on Election Day to see the results coming in for our local race. Glad to say the mayoral candidate hubby and I supported won on the first vote...we could of had a runoff as three men were on the ballot.

I have to say, watching Obama's speech in Grant Park was spine tingling. I love Chicago, perhaps because that is the big city I was raised around and spent many weekends over the years visiting. Just neat to see the Windy City getting positive national attention on such a huge scale.

Lots of library stuff this week. I haven't been doing a very good job of balancing all the library, bookstore and home work.

No writing and in fact, no reading this week either. Hard to believe it is Thursday already!

2 comments:

Kim Smith said...

Girl, I gotta fly to SXC on Sunday, and it is supposed to be a high in the THIRTIES when I get there!

EYR said...

You have a safe trip and try to stay warm.