Thursday, November 13, 2008

progress

After I got home from taking Abbey to her orthodontist appointment and delivering her to school, I made a cup of tea and fired up the laptop. I managed to finish inputting all the genealogy information I had culled last spring. Now comes the fun part...putting together the binders. You see, I'm giving this information to my mom, brother and maternal grandmother for Christmas. So the next few weeks will be spent printing, sorting, plastic sleeving and binding.

I still have hopes of finiding a Revolutionary War vet in those branches, but haven't discovered anything so far. I need to keep digging. The problem is when I begin to work on this project, three or four hours whiz by and then the day is gone. It consumes me.

But first, I'm off to the library for sorting day. Then I'm debating about going to Starbucks with the crew. I seem to get cornered when I go there and a session of Q&A ensues. Not sure if I'm up to that today....the whole laptop fiasco is starting to wear thin.

Gray skies all around us today. I'd give a major whoop if the sun decides to break through. Three gray days in a row is more than enough. Makes me feel like I'm back in the Hoosier State when we'd have three months of gray skies and I'd slowly start to lose my marbles!!

3 comments:

Anne's BLOG said...

Genealogy should carry a big bold warning: Caution, May be Addictive!

Your Christmas gift idea is great. I'm sure every recipient will be delighted. Are you adding pictures, too?

Anne's BLOG said...

"Gray skies" reminded me of when we lived in the Panama Canal Zone, an eternity ago, and the skies were BLUE all the time. No change of seasons to speak of - only Rainy Season and Less Rainy Season. In the former, rain was guaranteed every day; in the latter, rain was less dependable. BUT the sun came out in brilliant splendor after each downpour or shower. In contrast, our Oklahoma years were Windy. Those days were windy, more windy and most windy. I had a beautiful tan in those days -- not from the sun, but from windburn.

EYR said...

Nope, no pictures yet. Have to leave room to improve it!