Tuesday, November 11, 2008

international relations

Took the kids yesterday to Old Navy and stocked up on a few items for the trip. My brother has repeatedly warned me about how to dress while in Europe. No sweatshirts with logos...no tennis shoes...no jeans for adults...on and on and on. I think he believes we are going to get off the plane sporting Cubs ball caps, Chicago Bears sweatshirts, acid washed jeans and white Nikes yelling, "Hey ya'll, watch this!"

I wouldn't wear that here at home...why would I dress like that overseas?? My favorite colors are black and chocolate brown.

But, I am on the hunt for a good pair of walking boots that are somewhat slushy weather proof. I came close to ordering a pair from LL Bean and have tried on a pair over at the mall, but I haven't found the 'ones' yet. I'm the only one left who needs footwear. All other feet in the house are equipped.

Hard to believe we are coming up on T minus 30 days and counting.

1 comment:

Kim Smith said...

Okay I have to ask... why no sweatshirts with logos etc?