Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Avenging Angel is almost here


When I moved to the Mid-south over five years ago, I joined the local RWA (Romance Writers of America) chapter. Through them I met a wonderful and talented woman named Kim Smith. Kim and I have journeyed down the writing life path since then. I've sort of stopped to pick daisies alongside the road, but she has been so dedicated and persistent. Her devotion has finally paid off. Kim's debut cozy mystery, Avenging Angel: A Shannon Wallace Mystery" is going to be published by Red Rose Publishing in December.
I remember when Kim gave me the first few pages of this book. I read those words and just knew. She had found her voice. This was the book she was meant to write, it was magic. I can't wait to have the opportunity to buy this book...in e-book format and then in print.
I'm so darn proud of her. She is my inspiration, my B&N coffee buddy, and my friend.
By the time came to bake the pies it was close to 7:30 and I was too tired to start. I did however get a bunch of other things prepared for the next two days. Today I'm hauling the kids to the doctor's office so we can all get flu shots. Then we are coming home so I can cook and they will clean. Just another exciting day in my home!

I don't plan on blogging over the next four days. I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Kim Smith said...

AW! My day in the sun on your blog and I missed it, darn it! Thanks Liz, you are my inspiration as well. You are the "cathedral" of mothers, dear.