Saturday, November 15, 2008

a rare beast

I don't usually post on Saturday, but I'm up way too early for the weekend and the newspaper isn't at the end of the driveway yet.

So, a rare beast it is.

Kristi...the werewolf book is by Karen McInerny and is called "Howling at the Moon." It is set in Austin, TX. and is the humorous tale of Sophie Garou, a young woman who is an auditor as well as a half breed werewolf. When her gypsy-witch mama ends up in the slammer on a possible murder rap, Sophie sets out to prove her innocence. Of course all sorts of complications ensue including the arrival of a hunky full blood werewolf who sets her heart racing even though she's in a relationship with a very hot very human attorney. This was a very fun read and I'll probably look for the next book in the series when I'm at B&N again with Miss Kim.

When I was shopping yesterday I realized that Turkey Day is swiftly approaching and I'm not ready. Hubby's mom, sister and her family are set to arrive so I need to meal plan for several days and make sure that I'm not in the kitchen the entire time. Although, at times that is the best place to be! I sketched out a menu and need to make the grocery list so I can make one trip with those meals in mind.

I did pick up a few more things for our trip yesterday including a nice pair of black cords, a new black belt and assorted cold weather undergarments. Watch, Europe will have a warm spell and we won't see a flake of snow!

Off to check on driveway. The dog is sitting at attention by the front door. Maybe he heard the paper arrive.

1 comment:

Kim Smith said...

I have not purchased anything toward Tgiving either, and it is getting so close! I figured out I have two days off, then work one day then off one day then work three days then off two days then work two and 1/2 days then it is here and I will be off four days! I am stoked!