Tuesday, April 30, 2013

countdown

Yesterday I turned in my vacation request form for May. I'm looking forward to our trip to Florida and a few days at the beach. In the meantime, we have a lot of stuff happening.

I drove the new car yesterday. It is quite zippy. Amazing how quickly it gets going. The minivan has great 'pick-up' and is a very smooth drive, but this little Focus is really peppy. I have forgotten what it is like to drive a small car as I have driven a minivan for the past 14 years. It is a big change to go to a small vehicle like that.

A new database program is in my future. I am going to be learning to use FileMaker in our attempt to create a master 'communications' calendar for the office.

The girl arrives home in just a few more days! The countdown is on. She seems to be ready for summer and seems to be freaking out just a bit about these last few final exams and the whole concept that her freshman year is almost finished.

The other daughter is freaking out about graduation and finishing up her high school career. She has 4 AP tests to take next week, an AP English Lit project to finish, and some random tests and quizzes to make up that she missed due to other things going on.

The boy is counting down to the end of the school year. He is more than ready.

The hubby is counting down to a BIG presentation next week as they learned they are one of the top 3 submissions for a major renovation/new building complex to be built in our historic district.

We are all counting down.

No comments: