Tuesday, January 8, 2013

rammer jammer

As my daughter posted on facebook last night: "That stadium looked like a big bowl of lucky charms. The leprechauns were drowning in the Tide. After all, lucky charms is the breakfast of champions." The fat lady sang early for the Irish and the Tide rolled to another championship. Speaking of rolling, my Hoosiers rolled to an easy win over Penn State. Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

Got to love those teams in crimson.

In other news, when I stopped in the library last week, I spent some time talking to the director about the future expansion of the library. They are at the point where it is now a 'one book in one book out' policy for the collection. Ugh.  The Friends have saved about $80K towards the expansion. That will grow to the promised $100K in the next 18 months. Then the Town can approach folks to match those funds and the project can, I hope, get underway. Sort of neat to be on the Library Board for this project. Although, if hubby's firm were to try and get the work, I'd have to recuse myself from any votes.

I didn't do any reading last night, too much football to watch! I did make it outside on my lunch break yesterday and took a quick 15 minute power walk. We are going to have some nice weather for the next several days. It was so sunny and mild yesterday and today should bring more of the same.

Off into Tuesday we go! Wonder what kind of tee shirt the oldest will procure to celebrate her 'first' National Championship??


No comments: