Wednesday, February 2, 2011

veronica mars

A while back, October to be exact, the middle kid and I indulged in an afternoon of Netflix and became hooked on Veronica Mars. We watched the first five episodes that afternoon, but then fall break ended and we got busy doing other things. I happened to revisit the show one day when I had mountains of laundry to do and didn't feel like reading in between doing loads of wash.

I got hooked.  I've now watched all of season one and all of season two. I'm going to force myself to stop and let the girls catch up. They are on episode 18 of season one.

Veronica Mars only lasted three seasons, but a quick google search revealed the star of the show, Kristen Bell, who has moved on to other small and big screen roles, would finance a movie based on the show. Woohoo! The show has a cult like following and I can understand why.

This was a well written and well acted teen drama. Maybe it was too smart for its own good. I want to watch the last 20 episodes with the girls and savor each and every one.

Today is meeting day....executive board and then general membership. Ugh. Not looking forward to it at all. I have a new soup recipe to try for supper tonight. Our weather has turned substantially colder, a 30 degree drop, but we don't have the snow or ice the rest of the country is dealing with today.

All in all, it is a Wednesday. And that about sums it up.

No comments: