Friday, February 4, 2011

Flesh and Spirit by Carol Berg

I finally finished this book. It took me a long time, which is unusual for me. But, it seems to be a trend in my reading life. I still haven't finished the Dragon Tattoo book...I have high hopes for the months ahead though.

"Flesh and Spirit" is the first in a two book series about a rebellious mage who has bucked the system since childhood and is on the run from the authorities. He becomes embroiled in the political upheaval in his country. The book is a decent enough read, but it never grabbed my full attention. It was very easy to set aside and not pick up again for days. I have the second book and have skimmed a few pages in it. I'm undecided as to whether or not I will invest any more of time reading time.

I'm still waiting to hear from the library that the book I have on hold is available. I'd really love to sink my head into Karen Marie Moning's latest, "Shadowfever." This delay is making me regret deciding against plunking my $20 on the B&N counter and walking out of the store with my own copy.

It is Friday. Snowy weather is predicted for our region, but whether or not it gets to us is yet to be seen. I'd rather it stayed away. I'm soooo ready for Spring.

Happy Weekend. Happy Super Bowl. Go Steelers!!

No comments: