Friday, February 18, 2011

used cars

Well, it appears that the wonderful little car the girls were driving will end up being totalled out. Or at least that is the first opinion we've received. The car was towed to the wrong repair shop, a satellite location instead of the main facility, so the head honcho adjuster hasn't seen it yet. But, another guy has and he thinks it is a total loss due to the damage under the vehicle, basically the back end is crunched.

Just. Lovely.

This wasn't the news we were hoping to hear.  Buying cars is probably at the top of both our 'hate this' lists. For me, it is right up there with cleaning toilets or cleaning up after kids stricken with the tummy flu.

I spent a good portion of the evening online looking at vehicles. I then got to have an entertaining and informative conversation with the used car manager of a local Acura dealership. He is a fellow 'townie' and did share some good advice and has two possible vehicles we could consider. He called me after a brief email chat with 'Steve' who 'found' me when I was on the dealer's website. I'm sure 'Steve' was probably really 'Rajeet' in Bombay, but the system works and I was called within 15 minutes of looking at the website. Pretty snazzy.

Of course we are also preparing info to argue about just how much our car was worth. Trying to replace it won't be easy and everything out there with comparable miles, features etc is pricey.

In other news, my left eye is apparently afflicted with some sort of allergic reaction to something. The doctor doesn't think it is infected, just having an issue with some sort of allergen. So, I'm on a steroid drop for a month, but if it doesn't improve in one week, I get to go back. I hope she is right. I'm tired of looking like a one eyed pink freak.

It has been just a lovely week. I will be glad to see it end since we can't hit rewind and enjoy a do-over.

No comments: