Wednesday, February 16, 2011

mumford & sons

We all sat down and watched the Grammy awards this year. Not sure why, but we were all home, it was on the TV and it was something that interested all of us enough to tune in. The program opened well with the five 'divas' singing an Aretha Franklin montage; those ladies can belt it out. From then on it was a standard show complete with bizarre dresses and hair-dos, odd musical arrangements and flubbed lines.  The show dragged until a group we'd never heard of took the stage and made all of us sit up a bit straighter.

Less than 30 seconds into their song, the oldest and I looked at each other and exclaimed, "They have to be Brits." The music, the melody, the lyrics, the passion. I could feel the smoky London pub with every note they played.

Of course we were spot on correct. Mumford & Sons.  The computers were turned on and in short order iTunes was accessed so we could listen to tidbits of their songs and learn more about the band.  Offers of money were made if I'd make a trip to Target and get the CD.

So, I did just that yesterday and as soon as the CD was purchased and I was back in the minivan, I loaded it into the disc player and listened all the way home. Then I pulled out the lyrics sheet and read the words to every song.

Love it. Love them.

I can't even tell you how long it had been since I bought a CD before yesterday. A very long time, a very, very long time. I parted with $9.99 plus tax yesterday and consider it money well spent.

PS. While in Target I also saw "Madame Tussaud" prominently featured on an end cap book display!

No comments: