Tuesday, February 15, 2011

madame tussaud releases today

It is a special thing when a book releases. With the advent of facebook and other internet tools, avid readers can experience a bit of the joy an author has when their latest 'baby' is unpacked and put on store shelves for purchase. Publication is a unique joy. I've only been published nationally once, but the joy I felt when I got the phone call that my essay was going to appear in a Mary Englebreit mini magazine about blew my mind. I still have the coat I purchased with my $75 pay check and I had the essay framed.

One author, actually it was Karen Marie Moning, the author I blogged about yesterday, told me in an email she licked her first published book, just to make sure it was real! I loved it!! And when my essay was published, I understood.

Today Michelle Moran's latest historical fiction novel is released. "Madame Tussaud" is about the very famous French lady who survived the Revolution. I love the cover of the book, and I often ignore the old adage that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. Yes, I do judge books by their covers and this cover rocks. Finally, a heroine facing the reader head on (no pun intended).

Cheers to Michelle Moran on her latest novel. I can't wait to read it.

No comments: