Wednesday, February 23, 2011

soccer, soccer, soccer

The middle kid had her first league game last night. It was the late game, which means getting to bed by 10:30 is expected. It also means, during this time of year, that we will be freezing our rears off. Brrrrrr. I was bundled up like an Eskimo and I was quite frozen when that final whistle blew.  The girls ended with a 0-0 tie. We had at least 6 solid shots on goal, with Abbey actually diving into the goal on one and still no score. She swears the ball was in, but the goalie had a hand on it and managed to knock it back out, just enough, that the ref didn't count it. Ugh.

She has a scrimmage tonight and then both girls are in a tournament this weekend. That means FOUR games Saturday and two on Sunday. Let's hope Mother Nature cooperates just like the weatherman said she would during last night's 'futurecast'!!

In the meantime, I have car stuff to finish. I have Excel to learn. I'm teaching myself via an online tutorial. I have all my regular things to do.

Plus, as a special treat, I discovered Downton Abbey is on Netflix!  What a pleasant way to spend my laundry folding time.

Yep, it is Wednesday.

No comments: