Tuesday, February 8, 2011

queen bee mysteries by hannah reed

Several months ago I pulled a cozy mystery title out of the donations and brought it home with me. It has sat on the night stand ever since. I finally began to read it yesterday and have enjoyed every page. I'm about half way through and have to say that Hannah Reed does a marvelous job in her debut  novel , "Buzz Off."

'Story' Fisher is a recently divorced lady who owns a small grocery store and is learning to be a bee keeper. Set in a quaint Wisconsin town, the plot takes off quickly and never looks back. From the typical quirky small town characters to the simmering possibility of a romance between Story and a K9 officer from the neighboring town, several elements are a bit predictable, but Reed has a lovely writing voice and a deft hand in rolling out a well paced plot.

I hope to finish "Buzz Off" today as tomorrow the promise of another snow fall has me thinking that school might be called off even before the first flake hits the county.

Happy Tuesday.

No comments: