Wednesday, February 9, 2011

snowy anticipation

The weather folk are in a dither about the winter storm warning we are under at the moment. The first flake has yet to fall. The kids are off to school. The temps are quite cold. The snow is expected to arrive around noon and last until 8:00 this evening. Projections for snowfall amounts range from 2 inches to 6 inches.  They just don't know how much is going to fall and for how long.

And all of this has them very excited. Nothing like a winter weather event, in the south, to justify their paychecks!

I think I will enjoy my morning, alone, as I fully expect that when the first flake is spotted on our side of Old Man River, schools will dismiss early and send the kiddoes home.  Several schools have already closed and several more have already announced they are closing at noon.  It would have been nice if our system announced early dismissal so parents could plan ahead, but they didn't.  So, off they go with lunches and band instruments, just like any other day.

I finished the Hannah Reed book and look forward to reading more from her.  Enjoyable cozy mystery. Up for today is my umpteenth attempt to read 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo'....I've been 'draggin' my feet, or eyeballs, on this one.  I feel obligated to read it as I actually bought it at Target and paid full price.

Happy Snowy Wednesday!

No comments: