Friday, April 24, 2009

if you stir the pot, you better have a long spoon

When I looked at the calender this morning I realized I have a wide open day today. I stood for a moment in sheer amazement and if I had been more awake, I might have danced a little jig.

We were supposed to have soccer practice for the oldest kid tonight, but the coach gave them the night off. Now, this decision is a bit counter intuitive....they played so awful last night and lost 3-1 that he told them he just didn't want to see them until their game on Saturday and they needed to decide if they were soccer players or crappy kick ball players. It was pretty sad....all across the field.

So, everyone is home tonight, which may mean that hubby and I sneak out for a date. Now, how fun would that be??? I think it sounds like a plan.

For today, well, today I am still stirring the pot that I stumbled across earlier in the week. Read this week's posts to learn all about that. Right now I'm in the solution phase. If you have a problem it does no good to just complain or moan about it, you need to come up with a way to solve it. That is my current goal and it just so happens that my solution is one that other people have also considered. So, we must all be on the right track.

I need to make some phone calls today and perhaps begin the first draft of a letter and maybe even a proposal for a grant or scholarship fund.

Long spoon in hand, away I go! Have a good weekend and don't forget the sunscreen.

1 comment:

Kim Smith said...

I am totally hating this user fee thing. I quit using city library cuz I couldnt afford it. Now sigh.

Sorry you are in the midst of it and sick too!! Get well soon!