Wednesday, April 1, 2009

facebook

I've been sucked into the world of facebook. Of course, like most things online, I can waste huge amounts of time reading, skimming and surfing. This facebook phenomena has been a wonderful tool to reconnect with relatives and old classmates. It has also allowed me to keep the lines of communication open with friends who live all across the country.

But the best part of facebook is getting to play Scrabble online with my daughter. I'm very proud to say she has beaten me in every game we've played. It isn't that she comes up with better words than I do, but she has a knack for placing them. She sees the board in a different way than I will ever be able to. After all, I am very spatially challenged....putting shoes into a box can be a chore at times! No lie.

The other 'application' I've fallen victim to is the online self discovery poll or favorites list. I've always loved the whole concept of: answer these questions and we will tell you who you were in a past life, your political leanings, your real age, your best color etc. They are harmless fun and for some reason I view them as calorie free chocolate for my head.

So, yep, the guilty pleasure that is facebook has finagled a way into my daily routine and now I'm even considering branching out and developing a facebook page for our Friends group. What a fun way to reach the online Town community. I'm such a sucker.

1 comment:

Anne's BLOG said...

All Right ! A Friends Facebook page sounds like FUN ! Foolish fantasy filling free hours. How about That for alliteration?