Thursday, April 9, 2009

bits and bobs

I finished "Rhett Butler's People" by Donald McCraig. Can't say I'd recommend the book, but it was interesting to read the familiar scenes from different viewpoints and to see how this author envisioned the story concluding. The book was sporadically good, but the goodness was thinly spread over a lot of pages. I'm not going to bother recapping the plot, as you'd have to be an alien not to know the story of Scarlett and Rhett, and they probably know it as well! Most definitely just an okay read. I'm in the mood for some good paranormal/urban fantasy now; will have to see if that means a trip to B&N or if the library has some new titles.

Off to the bookstore today; sorting and boxing and stocking and all the other 'ing' things I do on Thursday, which today should include lunching with a friend!

My best friend's daughter turns 18 today; the same age we were when we met at Holy Cross all those years ago. This child was three days from being born the day I got married and her mother stood by my side as my matron of honor. She'll be heading off to college in the late summer. Wow.

Changes are coming and it is exciting and scary and fun to live all at the same time.

2 comments:

Anne's BLOG said...

Amen to your "changes are coming" comment. Grandson Mark is 18 today. He and Jonathan will be off to college in August. The 'last two' grandsons are 17 already! Jessica's coming home, Christy's finishing college, Emily's wedding is planned... ah, so many changes... Alan and I have to keep peddling fast, just to keep up with our 'aging' grandkids!

Kim Smith said...

I am getting so many books through the mail these days, for the radio show, I will probably never WANT for a book again! :) it's fun too, cuz I am reading authors I never knew about before now. They are all so wonderful with their work!