Friday, April 17, 2009

and we're off

Today is the 'open to the public' portion of the book sale. One of the benefits of helping to set up the sale is that you have the opportunity to shop while you are sorting and arranging the books. Several volunteers take advantage of this perk, but I refrained this year. My to be read pile is still quite tall and I just couldn't justify bringing more books home. However, I found the summer reading list for 10th grade honors English and will attempt to locate those titles for the oldest kid today.

Nothing better than helping readers find books, talking about authors, titles and stories. Today will be a glorious day.

And while we are having all of that FUN, we are raising money for our library so they can continue to expand their collection, provide great programming for our community and keep my town reading.

No comments: