Monday, August 13, 2007

jumping in

I'm not one to just jump in the pool. I'd rather wade in one inch at a time. Today is the first day of school for the kids. It is a jump in and swim sort of day. The older two will be fine. My youngest got the one teacher I'd heard several complaints about. Oh joy. We really need a good year, so I'm going to have to make a judgement call this week over whether to leave him in the class or to raise hell and get him moved. I didn't want to break out the 'don't mess with my kid' artillery this early in the school year.

On the writing front......the Internet is abuzz with news of the huge, gigantic, enormous book deal for the latest vamp story/author. Of course my hubby said, "Get your ass upstairs and fire up that damn computer." My crit buddy said the same thing, but without the profanity.

I do need to hit old Maddy hard this week. It won't be today though...I have a list of things to do for the bookstore and the Friends. Those items come first and I should be able to put the mess in order and finish my list today. Maddy is on line for tomorrow.

It is now or never. I'm jumping in.

2 comments:

Dwight's Writing Manifesto said...

I'm here for you, Sister.

Lemme know if you need some crit work or some betareading love.

EYR said...

Thanks, Dwight:) I need to finish this round of edits and then look for big old electronic package from me!!