Friday, August 10, 2007

friday recap

Our last week of summer vacation is over today. The school year schedule starts tomorrow with the first soccer practice for the fall season. Wow.

This week I didn't write one word in any of my WIPs. I didn't even open the files. Just didn't happen.

I did read the one book...and after I wrote my review I read several reviews on Amazon. Amazing how strongly I disagreed with them. Perhaps because I've read this book several years after it debuted, I've got a very different perspective on what worked and didn't work in the story. I think this book tagged along on the southern women wave caused by the Ya Ya book. Not nearly as good as that story.

I worked six hours at the library shelving books. Took both the older kids with me on different days then treated them to lunch out with Mom. Had a good time.

Today we are off to see the Pixar rat movie after we take the oldest to her music lesson. Tonight is date night for the hubby and I. Maybe we'll use the very generous gift card our neighbors gave us for watching their dog and house while they were out West.

I've also written down the major things I need to get done next week for the Friends and the book store. I'm going to be a busy girl.

1 comment:

Kim Smith said...

yes you are. keep me posted. enjoy the flick!