Monday, April 9, 2007

transitions

Mondays are odd days for me. I usually have boatloads of energy, which comes in handy as I often try to get some major household stuff done. Today I hope to get the laundry caught up, the grocery shopping done and the house cleaned. Then, if all goes well, I may be able to write for a few hours this afternoon before the kids come home from school.

I'm very schedule oriented and even though I've tried to become better at making transitions, I don't do it well. I don't like anything to mess with my schedule. I get cranky when I have to put out unexpected 'fires' during the day.

With the school year coming to a close, I'm going to need to find a way to make those daily routines work with having three additional people underfoot. I'll need to flex, transition and adapt if I want a shot at editing the WIP during June and July. August is a lost month as it will be consumed with back to school shopping and those first few weeks of getting everyone settled.

Everything gets done or handled or dispatched. I don't shrug stuff off, just not in my nature. I just need to keep working on moving from one task to the next with a bit more grace.

2 comments:

Kim Smith said...

I know how that feels but really lovey, you MUST find time for you. You just do not have any idea of how hard this schedule will become once you have them in HIGH SCHOOL. I swear it does get easier when they start driving but until then, wow. You will find finding time for yourself impossible.

EYR said...

I know...preaching to the choir...I'm taking Friday off to play....may even spring for a pedi...the tootsies need it.