Wednesday, April 11, 2007

dynamics

I've got a 10:00 meeting today for the new book store at the library. The two folks I'm working with on this project are about twice my age. Should prove an interesting dynamic. I have an innate need to respect my elders, often to the point that my usually opinionated self remains oddly quiet. On an endeavor this important, I need to make sure I don't keep that lip too zipped.

I was able to put down over 2,000 words yesterday. Not sure if I'll have the chance to write today, other than the column for the paper. I have to get that done and sent over to the editor by Thursday. I'm only writing two more columns after this one. I've decided that since the library will not be creating the PR position for me, I'm going to truly step away from that aspect of my volunteering. With this new bookstore project, I 'll have plenty of opportunities to promote that entity as well as the Friends as a whole.

It's hard to keep the energy up for something when you know in many ways it is under appreciated. The dynamic is gone. Perhaps someone else can pick up where I left off and carry that torch. In a way it is like an old romance. The shine is gone. The excitement is gone. Now it is best to place those memories and dreams in an old shoebox deep in the closet.

2 comments:

Kim Smith said...

speaking of shoeboxes in the closet.... i got back the final crits for AA... that video in the closet business will forever haunt this story :(

EYR said...

Oh no...ghostly vhs tapes floating through the prose...horrific indeed.