Thursday, April 12, 2007

filling the well

I'm always one for dishing out advice on how to fill the creative well. Now, taking that advice is not one of my strong suites. Although I feel pretty full right now, I know that the month is flying by and some of the fun things I had planned are already being pushed off my mental calendar.

Finding time is never easy, I don't care if you have kids or not. Something rushes in to fill the void. Nature doesn't like empty space. The cosmos always has some tidbit to throw in our path.

Perhaps expectations need to change. Maybe my view of what I need to keep up the pace should be adjusted. I guess I need some new rose colored glasses.

Yesterday I had a good time at my meeting. I think we have a good dynamic, although we didn't focus on the nuts and bolts as much as I wanted to. It will come. I got the column written, a picture for it downloaded and the caption written. Two more of those 'babies' to go and I can close the door on that chapter of my life. I need to let whoever is acting as editor know my intentions. The editor who'd been working with me left the paper a few months back and a replacement hasn't been hired.

Also, for the first time while I was there at the library, I felt out of place. A distance is growing, and it is a bit uncomfortable. I guess now that I know I won't be returning, I'm separating from my attachment to the people. I do that, good or bad. I'm not one to put energy into relationships my gut tells me aren't going to be mutually beneficial. Sounds a bit cold, doesn't it? I just don't have the time or energy for it. Both are precious and I'd rather devote them to other people in my life.

So, I have some voids right now. The well is being emptied. Something will rush in to fill that space. It always does. Call it nature, cosmic balance or whatever.

No comments: