Wednesday, April 18, 2007

timing

Doesn't it all really come down to timing? I'm not writing this week because I have a lot of painting to do before the end of the month. I need to be writing because I've set this 'deadline' in my head and want to meet it. Two important things in my life are on a collision course it seems right now. Not like a smack down type of event, but still, I just don't have enough time right now to get everything I want done, done.

Usually I can determine the 'something' that needs to give. It always seems to be the writing. Maybe that is just the stage of life I'm in right now. I wish it were different.

The house won't need painting forever, this is a project with a definite end in sight. But my hard earned momentum may be sacrificed on the altar of home improvement.

2 comments:

Emily Hendricks said...

Wanted to say I love your blog. I'm a journalism student, hoping to be a young adult novelist, who follows your blog.

Have a great day!!

EYR said...

Thanks, Em. How do you like J-school?

My next 'WIP' will be a YA novel...but I have to finish the current WIP...about 7,000 words to go for first draft completion! Yeah!