Thursday, April 5, 2007

off kilter

Today will be one of those days that flies by and when you climb in bed you wonder what actually was accomplished over the last fourteen or so hours.

I get to go for my annual over 40 boob squeeze test today. Four yards of black mulch is being delivered for my flower beds. My oldest two have a soccer game to play and at some point I need to write my 1500 words and make dinner and do a load of dark laundry.

Geez, and I wonder why there are days when the writing just doesn't happen. Not sure if I will get any new words added to the WIP, but I'm going to try. If not, I have tomorrow, as long as the kids leave me alone. Not easy for them to do when they have the day off from school.

On a totally different front, I was asked yesterday by the president of our library Friends group to be on the steering committee for our new used bookstore. I'm thrilled and looking forward to the opportunity to be in on the ground floor of this endeavor. Especially since my chance of returning to the library as their paid publicity person seems to have evaporated. I'm still working on accepting that turn of events. This new project will give me plenty of things to do, because you know, I'm a sucker for a hectic schedule.

No comments: