Monday, July 19, 2010

sizzling inception

I read the latest Janet Evanovich book featuring the intrepid Stephanie Plum. "Sizzling Sixteen" didn't offer anything new, and I really wish our girl, Stephanie, would either stay with Morelli or take a chance on Ranger. Decide already!!!  I laughed aloud in a few spots, but over all, I was a bit disappointed. The book was comfortable, easy to read and funny, but nothing new happened. Maybe it is time to wind this one down.

Hubby and I went to see Inception on Saturday. Good movie. It kept you thinking and kept us talking about it long after we were home from the matinee.

Going to be a tough week with my friend's funeral events beginning on Wednesday. I keep thinking of her and I am so glad we were able to talk, even for a bit, when I visited her over the last month in the hospital. I made sure to tell her how much she meant to me before I left each time.  I've had deaths in our family on my side and my husband's, but I've never had a friend die before.  This was someone who I chose to get to know, who I built a relationship with over the past 5 years, and it is a different type of grief.  I just can't imagine not ever sitting with her on her front porch, sipping lemonade and watching the trains roll past.

One of her older friends commented that Anne better be waiting for her on the big porch in the sky and asked her to have a cold Tab ready to go when she arrived!  I liked the attitude.

Off to begin my day. Monday.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hmmmm, glad to hear head's up on Sizzling Sixteen, I am not surprised, but disappointed. I am still waiting for it to come in at the library.

Losing a friend is so hard. I lost my friend Judy five years ago and I can still be reduced to tears in my grief at not having her here to share the moments. I am fortunate to keep in touch with her daughter, who is my age. My heart goes out to you my friend,,, with love,,,,,......

EYR said...

Thank you, Elizabeth. This is the first friend I've lost. It is a different type of grief.