Tuesday, February 9, 2010

snow equals addled brains

Yep, the weathermen, in their infinite wisdom combined with many super dooper double dopplers goofed and failed to predict the 4 plus inches of fluffy white stuff that fell in my fair town yesterday. Much to my surprise, I opened the door to let the dog out and witnessed what we call 'white death' falling from the skies. I knew immediately school would be cancelled and that chances were very good it would be called off for today as well. That makes five snow days we've had in the mid-south.

Can I just say how happy I am that I didn't put a deposit on the gulf shore condo for the first week of summer break? Because the first week of break will now be the last week of school. Whew....that was lucky.

Yesterday we played outside. I shoveled, mainly to stay out of the house and get some much needed fresh air and exercise. We watched a wonderful HBO movie called "Into the Storm" about Winston Churchill and WWII. I coerced the middle kid into watching it with me and am saddened again by the lack of knowledge high school students have about WWII. She received an entertaining education on one larger than life figure in the war.

I didn't do any reading. I finished the "White Mare" book and am quite upset that the remaining books in this trilogy are not to be had in our library or its consortium. Bah humbug!

Not sure what we will do today other than laundry, but weather permitting, we need to do something other than sit around all day.

No comments: