Tuesday, February 23, 2010

the hunger games

One of the books I checked out a while back was The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I had heard about the book, watched it sit on the best sellers list for children for a good long while, and wanted to read it. Finally found it on the shelf and it came home with me that day. Then it sat and sat and sat on the night stand while I read through the three 'new' releases that were due back within 14 days.

Boy am I glad the book didn't get up and walk away, feeling hurt from neglect. This is one helluva good book. I started reading it last night and had to force myself to put it down so I could get to sleep. I can't wait to dive back into that story later this morning.

I'm going to save my recap of the story for later, but I'm already thinking I need to buy a copy for the house as I want all three of my kids to read this one.

Wow.

No comments: