Thursday, February 11, 2010

lots of reading

I finished the Dracula sequel yesterday and then also read the latest Harper Connelly book from Charlaine Harris. Yep, lots of reading going on in my house.

I give both books the two thumbs up sign. The Dracula sequel, "The UnDead," written by co-authors Dacre Stoker and Ian Holt was an intense Gothic read full of familiar characters and some interesting and clever insights into the whole Dracula phenomena. Charlaine Harris continues to turn out quality mysteries and characters who just stick with you. Harper, and her lightning induced talent for finding corpses and discerning their cause of death, is back in Texas and the long unsolved mystery concerning her missing sister Cameron is heating up. Good, good read.

With those two books behind me, I'm ready to dive into Lauren Willig's latest mystery/romance/historical novel.

No comments: