Friday, January 8, 2010

brrrrr

When I woke this morning our temp was at a whopping 9 degrees. Brrrrr. Well, I have a good coat and all the appropriate cold weather gear, so I will be heading out to the store this morning to do some pantry restocking and then home to snuggle up with a good book, a cup of tea and one of my mom's quilts.

Perfection, or at least as close at it gets to that state.

My brother will be arriving back in the states today from his most recent deployment to "the Stan" as he calls it. My parents along with his lovely wife will be there to greet him at the airport. I wonder if the kids know he is getting home today or if they will have a wonderful surprise waiting from them when they get home from school.

Got an email newsletter from Michelle Moran yesterday. I've blogged about her novels and she has even commented on a few of my posts. Pleased as punch that Target has picked her debut novel, "Nefertiti," as one of their book club selections. Spiffy new cover for the book along with lots of other neat things inside. She has a spruced up website, a facebook page and other fun things going on. Congrats to her for starting of 2010 in such a fantabulous way. She so deserves it. Michelle travels a lot and has interesting posts on her site about her excursions. Can't wait for her next book!

Looks to be a good weekend! Enjoy.

No comments: