Friday, December 4, 2009

really?

First, I can hardly believe today is Friday. This week went so fast, it truly will be Christmas before I know it.

I need to gather my cookie recipes and make my ingredient list after I check the pantry to see what we have on hand. I'm sure I will need an extra bag of flour and maybe sugar. I haven't done a big Christmas cookie bake in two years, so the kids are clamoring for bins and bins of the yummy stuff. Since they have the whole week off before Christmas, at least they will be on hand to eat it all.

I'm steadily moving through the second of my four borrowed Harry Dresden books. Hope to finish that today. Of course my stop at the bookstore yesterday saw me leaving with two more books for my TBR pile. That pile is starting to look a bit tree like! Maybe I should stick an angel on top.

The shopping excursion went off without a problem yesterday and after a quick stop at Costco on Saturday morning, my three kids will be done. Yeah!! I even wrapped what I had already gathered and stuck those boxes under the tree, no name tags on them, my special identification system is in place instead.

When the two oldest arrived home from high school, they were on the floor and wiggling under that tree to see who had what box. HA HA. We all had a good laugh at my trick and all attempts to force the secret out of me were swiftly shut down. Being the Mama is such a good thing!!

And of course they know that the size of the box may not have one thing to do with the size of the gift inside....we are well known for putting tiny gifts in huge boxes and for breaking down big gifts into smaller components and wrapping several small boxes. Such Fun.

Happy Friday, Happy Weekend.

3 comments:

Anne's BLOG said...

Good idea to have a secret ID system in place! Keep 'em guessing!
Our family is great on the box thing, too. Never depend on the size or label on any box. Has no relation to the contents thereof.
Such FUN ! LOL

Kim Smith said...

I am once again a Grinch. I haven't put up the tree, I haven't thought about baking, and I haven't bought the first thing.

I am jealous.

EYR said...

Kim, don't be jealous...you are writing and editing your fabu Shannon books!