Thursday, December 3, 2009

it is the little things

Had a lovely time at our meeting yesterday. The poinsettias the new board gave the exiting officers were well received and our retiring president gave lovely gift bags full of coffee, candy and small homemade spice bread to her stalwart crew of volunteer managers.

I came home and made a cup of tea and enjoyed too many slices of the bread. Luckily the youngest arrived home in time to finish the loaf off.

But the highlight of the day, by far, was being online at just the right time. My brother was just finishing his shift at work and was able to Skype me all the way from around the world. His voice came through perfectly, although the video would pixelate and freeze at odd times. It was so good to chat with him 'face to face' and to know that he will be back 'here' in about 37 days.

I'm off to the mall today to finish the Christmas shopping. We've pared back quite a bit this year, and the few things I have left to purchase won't take much time at all. I'm in the holiday mode now, especially after driving through our amazing Town Square last night and being able to enjoy the lights, garland and ribbon. Enchanting.

No comments: