Monday, December 14, 2009

let the mad rush begin

I do not enjoy shopping at the last minute and the things I need to take care of today will, I hope, avoid that phenomena from happening. I need to pick up things from a variety of stores and really have only two hours to accomplish those tasks. Then I need to hightail it back home so I can prepare 24 maids of honor tarts for the oldest to take to her English class, yep, they are doing a Twelfth night celebration as they are reading Twelfth Night by old Willie S. I wanted to simmer up some wassail for her to take, but she vetoed that idea. So, tarts it is!

The big kids have finals this week, so I hope for them it is a light homework week and more of a study and review week.

The youngest kid will just be on pins and needles until school is finished. I don't imagine they will be doing anything important this week and their Christmas party is Friday afternoon.

I've done zero baking of yet. I really need to clean my house. I did no laundry this weekend unless you count washing the oldest kid's soccer gear twice after just one game! Oh, the mud, the mud, the mud. She was covered from head to toe and that was before the game started. We actually hosed down her cleats and had to prerinse every single item she had on BEFORE we started the washer and I still had to wash them again!!

The latest House of Night book is firmly in my rear view window now. Ugh. It was most definitely a solid 5 on a 10 scale. On the other hand, I picked up Lili St. Crow's latest Dru Anderson book and am LOVING IT. Gosh can that woman write.

Let the mad rush begin, only 11 days until Christmas. It truly is the Most Wonderful Time of the Year.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Good luck friend! the tarts sound yummy!

Kim Smith said...

What kind of baking do you do this early? I don't eat much of anything sweet anymore, so it doesn't thrill me to think about, but I would be curious to know what you bake during the season ;)