Wednesday, December 16, 2009

at 4:00 in the morning

Not much goes on at 4:00 in the morning at my house. I made the coffee, let the Dukie dog out, wiped his paws and then played a game on facebook. The paper hasn't been delivered yet and everyone else is still off in the Land of Nod. This is the second morning this week that I've been awake so darn early. I will most likely require a nap later this afternoon, time permitting, or else I will be quite grumpy by early evening.

I managed to get my Christmas cards out to those who sent to me thus far plus a few extras. I need to purchase more stamps, but can accomplish that task at the grocery store today. I also finished, I hope, the rest of the holiday gift shopping. I had the nieces and nephew to buy for yesterday, and was able to complete that mission without too many problems. The parking lot at our mall was a bit treacherous. The pedestrian friendly design leaves a bit to be desired when the weather is cold and the place is busy with cars far out numbering walkers. The roundabout in the center continues to boggle the minds of several shoppers making for some interesting moments as people couldn't quite decide which exit they really wanted. I hope I don't have to return to that shopping mecca until 2010.

My friend Anne continues to improve. Her hubby said in his latest update that she has enough tubes and such attached to her that she reminds him of an old horror movie character, but that her coloring is much improved and her spirits continue to be good. I wrote her a rather lengthy post on her Caring Bridge site. I'm so used to chatting with her via the internet each day, I really miss that connection.

Started a new book by an author I've never heard of before, MLN Hanover, "Unclean Spirits." So far so good.

Well, it is now almost 5:30 and the girls will start to swing into action. I best make my shopping list. The second cup of coffee isn't quite clearing my head and if the fogginess persists, the pantry stocking trip could be an exercise in futility as I will forget half of what I need and buy things that will go unused.

Happy Wednesday!!

No comments: