Wednesday, December 2, 2009

ahhhh fudge

Once it got dark enough outside last night, I stepped onto the front porch to plug in our lights. No lights. Yep. Not one strand came on. I plugged in the garland and our new snowman, they burst into action and looked fabulous. I walked down to make sure the extension cord was still plugged into the first strand. Yes, it was. I shook a few of the strands. No luck. Ahhhhh, fudge.

Bummer!! I called hubby to give him the good news. He worked so hard to string those lights on Monday. Not much we can do about it at night, but guess I will be tinkering with them today if the rain stops. Today I have a Friends meeting, a bit of shopping to do and lunch to enjoy. The next Friends meeting will be my first as the president of the group. I'm excited and scared.

I finished the one Dresden files book I was reading and started the next one. I borrowed four from another library and need to get them finished. Once I do, I think I will jump genres and read something totally different for a while.

My Christmas cards, for the first time in years, are not out yet. I'm usually a get them mailed right after Thanksgiving sort of person. Just wasn't interested this year. I'm using up leftover cards from years past and that may be the problem. I'm sick of those cards! Why did I buy so many of them? Guess my taste has changed in the past four years. I have also decided to really pare down my list. Just doesn't make for an exciting card sending time. This is unlike my buddy's two sisters who I watched making cards by hand...yep, stamping, gluing, embellishing away the day after Thanksgiving. They were each going to make 50 of those cards, and I know I will get one from one of the two sisters. I was amazed by the amount of crafty stuff it takes to make a Christmas card. They are serious card makers, major money was spent on all those stamps, inks, glues, paper etc. My friend and I shook our heads and walked away from the invitation to join them in card crafting. SOOOO not my cup of tea!!

Speaking of tea, I made my Russian spice tea yesterday. Just the thing I will need to soothe my spirits as I tackle the icicle lights, my Christmas cards and to sip on while reading about Harry Dresden's latest adventures.

No comments: