Monday, December 21, 2009

egg nog and such

We attended our oldest kid's soccer team Christmas Party yesterday and one very fun thing was that we were able to try Puerto Rican egg nog. Yep. Never knew there was such a thing, but boy is it delicious!! I've asked for the recipe, but may have to see if I can google it. I know the ingredients, it would just be getting the proportions.

Had a really good time at the party. So nice to see all those soccer girls having fun and enjoying each other's company off the field. We had plenty of food and everyone left smiling.

I should make a grocery store run today and pick up the last few things we need for the week. I really don't want to have to be anywhere near the store as the week winds down towards Christmas. The kids are asking what we had planned for the next few days, and I really have no plans.

I do need to run by Goodwill and drop off a few bags of donations. I finally cleaned out our two linen closets and culled several sets of sheets and towels that have seen better days. The closets look so much better after my efforts. You can actually see what is there! Amazing!

A stop at the Library may also be in order. I'd like to read Anne Rice's latest book. This one is on angels. She had an article in the Parade magazine in Sunday's paper. Nice essay and the contrast/comparison she drew between the fascination we have with vampires and angels was really intriguing. I'd like to read her autobiography as well; her journey from Catholicism to Atheism then back to the Church would probably be very interesting.

Well, I guess Midnight Mass is out....hubby got a call that ushers are desperately needed at the 7:00 Mass, so that is when we will attend. Probably for the best. We'd all be so tired on Christmas Day and grumpy from lack of sleep!!

Speaking of sleep, my house is quiet and still. No hustle. No bustle. Just the dog snoring and the furnace running. What a peaceful way to start the week.

No comments: