Tuesday, December 15, 2009

a rash of stuff

Looks like after I pick up the cake for the Library Christmas party and deliver it I will be heading out to shopping central, otherwise known as the mall, to finish what I wasn't able to do yesterday.

Youngest kid was home with some weird rash. Almost looks like Fifth's, but I thought he had it already and you aren't supposed to be able to get it twice. Well, once he wakes up, I will need to check his legs and see what is happening. He feels fine other than a very fine, bumpy rash...who knows, we may be off to the doc today.

But, until I can diagnose and decide, the plan is to hit three stores and be home right after. No dilly dallying allowed. I know what I need to purchase and I know that I need to get out of there quick.

My buddy Kim asked what cookies I make. Well, I make a variety but every year a few are special requests. I make rocky road candy and I make skillet cookies then I make whatever else sounds good. I may make peanut blossoms this year and we are talking about making kieflies too, but only if i can recruit helpers on that project. Too labor intensive for just one Mommy.

Being gone, I haven't done any major baking for the past two holidays. I'm sort of out of the groove. I also need to get those darn cards out! I am dragging my feet on that for the first time ever. I usually have them mailed the day after Thanksgiving and this year I have zero interest in sitting down and doing that. Not quite sure what my problem is, but I need to mail at least a few to family and close friends.

Just a rash of stuff to do, so let's hope the rash on the youngest has subsided so I can get busy.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

skillet cookies sound interesting?

we did snickerdoodles, peanut butter, choc. chip, oatmeal jelly bar cookies, It was fun, I can't eat them but i love to hand them out, everyone loves a homebaked cookie. Tonight we are sending some to the feast for the homeless people :)

hope your kid is okay!