Tuesday, December 8, 2009

the final push

I remember how difficult it was to stay focused the last few weeks of school before Christmas break. I feel sorry for my two oldest kiddoes as they try and finish up papers, projects and take tests plus begin to study for semester exams. Not fun at all.....

That final push, those last few yards to the shore is the hardest thing. Such a good life lesson. Of course, they don't see any of that now, but maybe some day they will. Reaching the realization that when you are almost 'there' it takes only a bit more effort to finish strong. It is also the time when the temptation to quit looms largest. Hubby and I spent a few moments yesterday cheering them on, encouraging them to focus and work hard for the next two weeks.

Quite a bit going on this week. My grandmother is home from rehab and has a slew of accompanying issues. Plus, my friend has surgery. Hoping and praying for the best for both of them.

I worked on the 2010 calender for the Friends of the Library group. It was a bit surreal to type out all those months and begin to add in the events and activities for the upcoming twelve months. If this past year is any indication, those days will fly by.

It is very hard to believe that one year ago we started to make our packing list for our trip to Europe. I can't believe sometimes that we actually were able to take the entire family and go to Germany and France. Even now, those memories make me so incredibly happy and so incredibly proud that we were able to take that trip with our children. It was a stretch and a sacrifice, but one that I would make again in an instant.

The final push towards the end of 2009 is here...and we are all pulling for the shore.